Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
- Carrots, peeled and sliced into sticks
- Parsnips, peeled and sliced into sticks
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- 1 tsp thyme/several stems of fresh thyme
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel carrots and parsnips, cut into sticks roughly 3 inches long and 1 inch wide.
- In a large bowl, add carrots, parsnips, olive oil, lemon and thyme. Toss contents until the vegetables are coated.
- Place carrots and parsnips in a single layer on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Roast in oven for 25-35 minutes or until carrots and parsnips are at the desired tenderness. Flip halfway through to evenly cook both sides.
- Remove from oven and serve!
This salad creates a delicious combination of sweet and tang. A perfect side dish or enjoy all on its own!